Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Insect found this evening

Question
It was dark, but noticed a large light colored insect moving very slowly. It made a slight turn and my first thought was an albino roach. At closer inspection it was the size of a roach but appear segmented like a huge ant but when there was more light it was covered with what looked like white lint from a dryer. My friend tried to move it a long and it took off running turned to come back, well I stepped on it and it left a pretty big mess. More than your usual roach. Is it possible that there is an insect that carries it's eggs like spiders do and the area is white? The lint looking substance was fuzzy, very white like flour. We were in the kitchen but flour wasn't used for weeks. No dryer very near the area and very clean room. In the massacre one leg resembled a cockroach leg but only one was left. Any ideas?

Answer
Jane:

I'm sorry, but without seeing at least an image of the insect, it is impossible to give you an accurate identification.

Furthermore, Florida is full of insects found nowhere else and my experience in that state is very limited.

You might try perusing this website for possibilities:

http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/

I frequently reference their "featured creatures" pages as a source of more information.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton