Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny tan bug

Question
Tan bug
Tan bug  

I moved into a new apartment in NYC, and have naturally been a bit paranoid of the bed bug issue here. I found a very small bug in my bathroom tub, and after comparing to bed bug photos online, it doesn't have the same shape. Can you tell me what this is and if I need an exterminator? If there is an issue, I'd like to deal with it pronto. The bug is so small that my iPhone wouldn't focus super close up, but will attach what I have. Thank you very much, in advance!

Answer
Dear Toni - First off, My apologies for the delay in responding - I somehow overlooked your question, as I do not recall seeing it in my Inbox. At any rate, you do not have to worry about calling in an exterminator, as it is the remains of a very small isopod crustacean (not an insect) known as a sowbug or pillbug. They are harmless scavengers on decomposing organic matter, and sometimes are found indoors where damp conditions persist.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad