Entomology (Study of Bugs)/How harmful can bugs be?

Question
Recently I was sleeping at night but on a mattress placed on the floor of a new house and an insect that looks exactly like the brown tiny bug entered into my ears, I didn't know there was something inside I thought I was developing an ear problem, it was painful but it came out alive in the morning . It left an irritating feeling and mild pain and something like a husk, I don't know, came out when it was washed from the hospital. How harmful can bugs be to the ear especially when they spend a whole night in the ear? Though  still feeling some slight pain.

Answer
Hello Jackline,

I cannot give you an identification with the information you have provided. Can you describe the insect? Did it have wings? Any recognizable markings or features? Do you have a photo?

I am not sure how much harm it caused you, but it sounds traumatic. I am sorry to hear about your awful experience. However, without more information about what insect it was and what they found at the hospital, I can't be very useful to you. Did it bite you? Did it damage your tympanic membrane? If I were you, I would follow the advice the doctors gave you. If you still feel discomfort, you should call them to let them know and get further advice.

Good luck,
Jessica

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger