Entomology (Study of Bugs)/T.Blondi

Question
Charlotte
Charlotte  
2/18/14 So I've had her for a week and she's out in the day time and crawls on the screen of the tank at night idk if it's because it's to hot in there for her or she's hungry and she won't use her barrow or anything. I would like to get another person's thoughts on why she's acting this way

Answer
Skyler:

First, I am not an authority on pet arthropods....but, from the looks of the image, the enclosure is too small.  Screen over it? That species requires higher humidity.  Spiders are also built to fast for long periods, so I would not be terribly concerned.  It might be preparing to molt, too, and they won't eat before they do that.  I'd remove any live prey items.

Please try these two forums for more help:

Arachnoboards

InsectGeeks.com

You should also consult the American Tarantula Society.  Please consider joining that organization if you plan on rearing or keeping tarantulas.

Good luck!

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton