Entomology (Study of Bugs)/T.Blondi

2/18/14 So I've had her for a week and she's out in the day time and crawls on the screen of the tank at night idk if it's because it's to hot in there for her or she's hungry and she won't use her barrow or anything. I would like to get another person's thoughts on why she's acting this way

First, I am not an authority on pet arthropods....but, from the looks of the image, the enclosure is too small.  Screen over it? That species requires higher humidity.  Spiders are also built to fast for long periods, so I would not be terribly concerned.  It might be preparing to molt, too, and they won't eat before they do that.  I'd remove any live prey items.

Please try these two forums for more help:

You should also consult the American Tarantula Society.  Please consider joining that organization if you plan on rearing or keeping tarantulas.

Good luck!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.