Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Found on scalp, help!

I really hope you can identify this bug, these two are not the only ones I have found. Where do they come from and how can I get rid of them? Thank-you in advance for any information have been dealing with this for quite some time.

Hello Elaine,

Thank you for the question and the photo. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to see any details from the photo, so I cannot give you an identification. However, one common pest that lives in people's hair is head lice. If what you are finding seems to be living in your hair, then you should see a doctor ASAP in case you have head lice.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger

I can answer questions about invertebrates native to California, including insects commonly found in homes. If you have an identification request, please attach a photo to your question.

I was involved in collection and identification of invertebrates for the United States Geological Survey, Biological Resources Division for six years. Also, I provided these same services intermittently for the UC Davis John Muir Institute of the Environment for many years. I have been a member of AllExperts.com since 2009.

Department of the Interior: United States Geological Survey, Davis Field Station; University of California, Davis Aggie Alumni Association; UC Davis Center for Neuroscience; U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs

I have two B.A.'s from the University of California, Davis and two Associate's degrees from Sacramento City College.

Special Thanks for Achieving Results award from the Department of the Interior