Entomology (Study of Bugs)/help with identification and where to get further identification assistance if needed

Question
IMG0409
IMG0409  
Hello, I have a lot of pictures and it makes it hard to know which would help you best with I.D.  I would value your best approximation of what this larvae is.   I'm thinking scabies or flies, but I've also considered fleas and bedbugs.  Very very cool evolution,  but not when it's in my backyard.  Please give me some information.  Thank you.

Answer
Dear Pam - I am sorry, but it is impossible for me to offer a definitive i.d. from your image; I cannot even tell if they are insects at all. If you have other images, please attach some to a follow-up question, and also provide ancillary information such as their approximate size and the circumstances under which you found them (e.g. - on/in soil, on plants, on yourself, in water, etc.). In the meantime, I can at least tell you that they are not scabies mites, fleas, or bed bugs, and most likely would not be flies.

Waiting to hear back,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad