Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Insect identification

Question
Tiny bug. Roach?
Tiny bug. Roach?  
Living in palm beach county florida. Been hot & dry. I have seen these early morning after waking up & turning lights on. Been near my dog's water dish. Easy to kill with tissue. Had exterminatir spray & seeing less and are now moving slower.

Answer
Coleen:

Yes, that is a cockroach nymph ("nymph" is the immature, juvenile, "baby" stage).

Make sure your exterminator is using BAITS rather than spraying.  Spraying guarantees the exterminator will have to come back again and again.  Baits take some time to take effect, but the results are much better and essentially permanent.  

Should you get "do-it-yourself" baits, pay attention to the label!  Some are not safe for pregnant women, pets....

Lastly, the health risks from roaches are, in my opinion...inflated, let's say.  Yes, they *can* be mechanical vectors of Salmonella and other germs, but unless you have a really large population of roaches, the risks are rather small.

Hope this is of help to you.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton