Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Is it a leech or a worm

Question
Leech?
Leech?  
I am trying to find out what bit my foot last summer during the rainy season in the Phu Quoc island in Vietnam.
I dont know if this creature had been attached to my foot for a long time or it just took a bite and let go.
The size of it is just about 5 cetimeters long.
We showed this picture to a waitor at the hotel and asked if it was dangerous. He said yes.. (I dont think he understood English very well.)

Best regards,
Jorn

Answer
This is a terrestrial flatworm (planarian). They are predators on other soft-bodies creatures such as earthworms, and are harmless to humans. See http://tinyurl.com/mymro7l for additional information (the species shown may not be identical to yours).
Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad