Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Wierd Acting spider?

Well i had a weird experience with a spider with my own eyes i was sitting in my room playing video games and i noticed this spider. Now this is my first time seeing a spider do this and what does it mean? or does it mean anything. The spider was circling my room over and over again for like 2 hours non stop at a fair speed pace .. really cheeped me out.. like did it sence something in my room or something??

Hi, Sarah:

Without seeing at least an image of the creature in question, I don't know what kind of spider it might be, or if it even *is* a spider.  Several insects are "spider-like" in appearance.

Let's assume it is a spider.  It was likely either hunting for prey, or looking for a mate.  Male spiders of virtually every species, even those normally confined to webs, wander in search of mates.  That could be what was happening.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.