Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug id

Question
bug id
bug id  

bug id
bug id  
Found in bed..lookske a little smooshed and half a body. Very dark and long antennae .my dog sleeps with us every night. help !!what is this

Answer
Lisa:

Thank you for including the images with your question, but unfortunately they are of little help.  Not nearly enough detail.

It would appear to be some kind of beetle, and there are plenty of beetles active now that the weather is warming.  It probably flew in from outside, was carried in on your pet by accident, and/or was attracted to light at night.

I do not recognize it as any kind of potential health threat to you or your dog.  You can always take the specimen to a local expert there in New Jersey, like an entomologist at the Liberty Science Museum, say, or Princeton University, a local office of the state agriculture department, or even the public health department (vector control division would have at least one staff entomologist).

It is NOT a bed bug if that was your fear.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton