Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Help Indentifying These Bugs

Question
Bug
Bug  

Bug2
Bug2  
Located in Kansas City, MO. The first tiny beetle looking bug was on the inside of my shirt. 2nd was in the entryway of my home. Any idea of what these are?

Thanks

Answer
Sophia:

Thank you for including the images with your questions.

I am not at all sure the first image of the "beetle bug" from inside your shirt is even an insect at all.  I don't see any hint of appendages or anything else reminiscent of an insect.

The second image does depict a true bug, a type of "burrowing bug" known as the White-margined Burrower Bug, Sehirus cinctus .  Here's more:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/6982

This insect is definitely not a pest, but like many insects, may occasionally blunder indoors.

Take care, feel free to ask a follow-up question if need be.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton