Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Beetle or Tick?

Question
Beetle
Beetle  
I live in Northern British Columbia, Canada. Myself, along with quite a few people I know have noticed a ton of these beetle looking things. I have never noticed them before and there is a ton of them this year where we live. They fly and are attracted to windows and my deck railing as you can see from the picture. What is it? Speculation was June bugs or flea beetles and someone thought ticks. Please help! Also how to get rid of them or if they're anything to worry about. Thanks in Advance

Answer
Janna,

It is a beetle, possibly a chrysomelid (leaf beetles). They are harmless. Ticks don't fly so that can be crossed off the list. I suspect you are experiencing a temporary emergence of the beetles and it will stop in a relatively short time.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis