Entomology (Study of Bugs)/yet another bug.

Question
Random bug
Random bug  
Hey Sir Eaton,

I was walking outside and sat for a while. then i looked down and spotted this on my sneaker. i know you said bugs are attracted to light. but i never knew they were attracted to sneaker. lol pleas tell me the name of this one and maybe an explanation for it's sneaker obsession.

i tried to e-mail you; but i got mailer demon. so if you would be kind enough. pleas e-mail me at xkitsuniex at aol dot com. i think we can talk about your offer a little bit. thanks again for your time and knowledge.

-Feenie

Answer
Feenie:

The insect is some kind of stonefly, order Plecoptera.  I don't know much about them other than they are aquatic as nymphs, living under stones in flowing water.  I doubt it was attracted to your shoe, just landed there randomly.

Nice choice in footwear, by the way.  I like New Balance, too.

I have to reply to questions through this site, not by e-mail.  Sorry.  Please try me again at:

bugeric24ATyahooDOTcom

replacing AT with @ and DOT with "." of course.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton