Entomology (Study of Bugs)/little black bugs in house and out side that bite

how do I get rid of them they are eating me alive ,I sleep with a nylon curtain covering my nose and moth they get right thru it
they are on the front of my doublewide mobile home,thier is mulch their could that be where they are coming from?

Sounds like biting midges ("no-see-ums"), see for a drawing, or possibly black flies (see for drawing). Repellents containing DEET or picaridin can be effective as are the personal foggers. Biting midges develop in wet soils so mulch could be a factor while black flies are associated with streams and rivers.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology