Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny black bugs... look like pepper

I have these tiny black bugs that I can't see any legs on. Theyget really thick at night and I believe they flying or glide in what are they I seen a past question on these in this question is for Walter? I'm super scared of them and they like to land on an open sore and they bite??please how I wouldn't even say my apartment last night they were driving me crazy

Hi Lori. Of course it is difficult for me to identify something I cannot see and so I can only make guess about these bugs. They could be beetles but flying beetles do not bite. In fact about the only flying insects that bite are flies. My best guess is that these are biting midges or No -See -ums. If you can catch some and press them onto papes with scotch tape and mail them to me it would help

walter hintz 29678 arthur ave
wickliffe ohio 44092

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ