Entomology (Study of Bugs)/tiny oval shaped black bugs

I've seen something similar on this site, grain beetles i believe, but they were more so seen in the kitchen area. I live with my husband and his mother and our bedroom, which we are always in unless were' at work. And I've been seeing these little things crawling around...On a friend i had over, who thought it was a tick, and more recently on my pillow... Any thoughts of what they might be or why they are in my bedroom?

Hi Rebecca
I would have to see one of these to be sure but they sound like pantry pests. Check you kitchen cabinets and you dried opened foods. That is where they would breed. It is unlikely you would have a tick in your bedroom unless you have pets that would bring them in. Send me a photo if possible

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ