Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Whitetail spiders

What is it about these spiders that simply gives me the creeps? I feel as though they are predatory and almost sneaky in a way. A couple of times I've come across them in my home and it's almost like they've been hiding and stalking me as their prey.

Hi Ross
All spiders including the Australian White Tail spiders are predators and must use stealth to catch their prey so we may state that they are "sneaky"  Creepy is something you learned while young. Stalking people is something they do not do. Spiders do not have a conceptual view of humans. They do not have a consciousness as we do.
Since the White tail spiders can give a painful bite I would get rid of any you find in your house. They are usually garden spiders

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ