Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What is this Bug

Question
Wasp-Like Bug
Wasp-Like Bug  

Second Bug on Mattress
Second Bug on Mattress  
Found crawling on my mattress; about 1 mm (?). I've been getting bitten -- could this be the source?

Answer
Der Susan - The first image is that of a plant bug of some sort (possibly in the family Miridae), and would be very unlikely to be the source of your bite symptoms. However, I cannot see any details in your second image that would allow me to even begin an attempt at identification. Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to determine the cause of 'mystery bites' without actually catching seeing something in the act of biting.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad