Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Centipede

Question
Digging in flower bed near Kerrville, Texas and found a big yellow bodied centipede with lime green feet. Beautiful, actually. Didn't want to smush it so put it in alcohol hoping to preserve the color. It didn't. Just want to know if you have ever heard of one that color. Wish I had taken a picture!!

Answer
Dear Sherry - Are you absolutely 100% certain that what you saw was a centipede? I have never seen a specimen with that color combination, but then that alone doesn't mean it couldn't occur. The usual case with large centipedes is to have their body darker than the legs - see http://tinyurl.com/k2y53sn for an example. All I can suggest is that should you encounter another example, p;ease try to get a picture of it - I would love to see it!

Sorry not to be of more assistance,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad