Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Long black bug

Question
Black bug
Black bug  
We have been inundated with a long black bug we have never seen before in our garage. It almost looks like some kind of centipede but it only has legs towards the front and none that I can see on the black. When you step on it brown ooze comes out of it. It does try to curl up when you touch it. It hides under rugs and mats. I have attached an image but it is moving too fast to get a clear photo.

Answer
  Hi Toby
This is the larva of a beetle. Without seeing the mouth parts or antennae I believe it is a Soldier beetle. They ere related to fireflies but do not produce light. They should mature and leave the garage. They do not cause damage. The larvae prey of other insects

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz