Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Mite emergency

Question
mite
mite  
Hi Walter, I really hope you can help us.  We've been getting bites for the last month.  My wife is at her wits end and worried about our preschooler.  We think we either have bird or rat mites, but have no expertise in this area and could really use your help in identifying the creature in the attached photo.  Thank you so much.

Answer
Hi Bob
These certainly resemble mites but I cannot tell what kind they are. Giving them a name does not solve your problem.  Have you tried to locate the source yet. At any rate this has become a medical problem. Check and see if there are bird nests outside near a window and if there are mites on the sills.

walter

I am not an expert on mite identification so I will take your word for it. The birds nests could be the answer

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz