Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Need help identifying an insect

Question
Hello Nathan,
I live in Duluth Georgia. I found a flying insect in my house today. The temperature was 80+ degrees today and most of the week. It flies and I found it in my bedroom on the sheer curtain.  It has 6 legs and some strange looking antenna - they branch out into 3 at the end. I have only found one of these bugs. I would like to know what kind of insect this is and if it bites or stings. I also want to know if it is likely that I will find more of his friends. :-)
Thank you for your help!

Answer
Cynthia:

Without a picture to see, I have a couple of first impressions:

1) Some type of midge.  Midges are related to mosquitoes, but do not bite.  They have feathery antennae.
2) A Male mosquito.  Male mosquitoes are differentiated from females by the presence of feathery antennae.  Male mosquitoes do not feed on blood, but feed on nectar and sweet liquids instead.

Do a Google search and see if any of these results match what you have.  Feel free to reply and attach a picture as well!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs