Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Red spiders found in basement

Question
Hello! I live in Illinois, and I had a sticky trap down in the basement and I just found a bunch of these red spiders on it. One of them looks like it was pregnant too. I am wondering if you can tell me what type of spider this is? My 7 year old daughter suffered some serious complications from a spider bite a couple of months ago, and now she has gotten additional bites on her arms, legs and face that have swelled up. I originally thought that they were mosquito bites and she was having an allergic reaction to them, but now I am concerned that these are also spider bites. Any help you can provide in figuring out what type of spider this is would be greatly appreciated!

Answer
Julie:

No image was included with your question, and I cannot even conclude whether they really *were* spiders unless I have a visual reference.

I caution making assumptions that your daughter was bitten by a spider, or even an insect.  Many, many other lesions resemble "bites" but are symptoms of something else.  Even the medical professionals are often too quick to classify wounds as "bites."

I'm sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton