Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Small black beetle

Black bug
Black bug  

Black bug
Black bug  
Hello, I have what looks like small black beetles in my apartment that I live in. I just moved in here last month and picked up on these bugs. I have noticed that they are mostly in the living room which has most of the light. They are on the windows and on the carpet. There are a lot of them and I can't take them anymore! I am so freaked out. I have noticed that they are on the dining room carpet also but not as many, and also have found a few in the kitchen but not as often. I usually suck them up in the vacuum. We have used Raid and have bug bombed the house, but it seems that nothing is working.. help

These are dermestid beetles and they are breeding someplace in your house. Fist vacuum them all up. Now you must locate the source. Check your kitchen cupboards and look at all boxes of dried foods. If you see any there empty the cupboards and wipe them out . Spray some diatomaceous earth or a pyrethrum based spray in the cracks and also along the baseboards. These are natural insecticides. If you have pets examine all pet foods. Let me know if you still have them

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ