Entomology (Study of Bugs)/A Spider

Question
Three days ago I carried one of my straw baskets into my bedroom because I wanted to get a clothing item out of it. When I took all of the clothes out of it I saw a black spider that I thought was exiting the basket, however, I did not see it leave the basket but I also did not see it stay in the basket. It is a straw basket that is a weavable one, however, you can see in and out of the basket. I washed the basket, then I sprayed it with Raid.

I cannot find the spider anywhere? How can a spider just disappear?

Answer
Hi Debbie
Spiders are very elusive. They can pull in their legs and roll into a ball. They can also move very fast. I cannot say how it eluded you but I do know it did not disappear. Spraying was unnecessary as there are no dangerous spiders where you live

walter

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz