Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unknown 'bug'

Question
Weird bug
Weird bug  
I live about an hour north of San Francisco and lately we've been enjoying very nice summer weather for the most part.

I have found three identical bugs lately in my kitchen, crawling on the counter (on separate occasions), over a two week period. It's grossing me out and I have no idea what they are or where their coming from. My husband pulled the stove away from the wall but we found nothing. We also took our stovetop apart and again, we found no bugs. He also checked the oven out thoroughly with no results. The bugs seem to be coming from underneath a metal strip that runs the length of our stove but we removed the strip and we found a little grease underneath but no bugs. I'm really hoping you can tell us what these bugs are and what we can do to rid ourselves of them.....and where are they hiding out at? Thank you very much!

Answer
Stella:

Not knowing the length of this critter, my first impression is that this is a carpet beetle larva. They feed on bits or organic material, dead insects, natural fibers and the like. They do not infest stored food.

Carpet beetles are considered harmless to humans and animals.  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs