Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unknown bug

Question
Unknown carpet bug
Unknown carpet bug  
Hello,

This bug has been in my apt for the past year. They accumulate around the corners of my carpet. They also fly and shed their wings. I initially thought they might be termites and got rid of anything wooden in my apt. That was a year ago. They seem to come and go. Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
Hi E Guinto
These are drone (male ) ants. They develop wings and emerge from the nest seeking a queen to mate with. Of course they rarely ever find a mate and they they then shed their wings and and die. There is little that you can do about ants especially in warm areas. We live on a world of ants. If you can find out where they accumulate you can spread Boric acid powder around the area.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz