Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Brown eggs and white worm

Question
Brown egg insect
Brown egg insect  
Hello Sir!
I just found a few white worms near some brown eggs on the floor near our back door yesterday.  We cleaned up, but I see some more brown eggs this morning.  I keep the house very clean and really worry wher these are from?  I can't find where these are from and worry what these may infect our house. Please see attached pictures and advise what they are and how can we prevent these in the house.  Your advice is appreciated, Sir.

Best regards,
Kim-Anh

Answer
Dear Kim-Anh - What your image shows is a larva (maggot - the white 'worm') and several pupae (the brown 'eggs')of a muscoid fly, such as a house fly. The larvae feed on decomposing organic matter, and when they reach full size, they move out of whatever they were feeding in/on to find a dry place to undergo pupation. You need to locate their food source (it could be a garbage can, compost bucket, a forgotten container of pet food, etc.) and eliminate/neutralize it. It should be relatively close by to where you are finding these, as these larvae usually will move no more than a few yards (and more often less) from their food source.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad