Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Brown eggs and white worm

Brown egg insect
Brown egg insect  
Hello Sir!
I just found a few white worms near some brown eggs on the floor near our back door yesterday.  We cleaned up, but I see some more brown eggs this morning.  I keep the house very clean and really worry wher these are from?  I can't find where these are from and worry what these may infect our house. Please see attached pictures and advise what they are and how can we prevent these in the house.  Your advice is appreciated, Sir.

Best regards,

Dear Kim-Anh - What your image shows is a larva (maggot - the white 'worm') and several pupae (the brown 'eggs')of a muscoid fly, such as a house fly. The larvae feed on decomposing organic matter, and when they reach full size, they move out of whatever they were feeding in/on to find a dry place to undergo pupation. You need to locate their food source (it could be a garbage can, compost bucket, a forgotten container of pet food, etc.) and eliminate/neutralize it. It should be relatively close by to where you are finding these, as these larvae usually will move no more than a few yards (and more often less) from their food source.

Hope this helps,

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad

Will accept most questions in general entomology, including those related to medical entomology, taxonomy, ecology, arthropod surveillance, and pest management. If you are requesting a 'mystery bug' identification, PLEASE either attach an image to your question, or post an image on a web page (such as Flickr) so that I can look at it, as verbal descriptions frequently are insufficient for a definitive identification.

21 years in the U.S. Army as a medical entomologist; duties varied from surveillance of pest populations (including mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks, and stored products pests) to conducting research on mosquito-virus ecological relationships and mosquito faunal studies. Ten years as a civilian analyst for the Department of Defense, primarily on distribution of vector-borne diseases worldwide. Limited experience on surveillance of agricultural insects in North Dakota and Indiana.

Entomological Society of America, West Virginia Entomological Society, Society for Vector Ecology, National Speleological Society, West Virginia Association for Cave Studies.

American Journal of Public Health, Contributions of the American Entomological Institute, Japanese Journal of Sanitary Zoology, Journal of Economic Entomology, Mosquito News, and Mosquito Systematics.

B.S. in entomology from North Dakota State University in 1963, M.S. in entomology from Purdue University in 1967.