Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug identification

top view
top view  

Hi I have noticed this bug around my house can you tell me what it is?

Hello Kenton,

You have carpet beetles. The photos are of a carpet beetle larva. If I were you, I would try to git rid of any others you find in your house because carpet beetles can cause damage to fabrics (clothes, couches, etc.).

Great photos! Thanks for the question. Good luck!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger

I can answer questions about invertebrates native to California, including insects commonly found in homes. If you have an identification request, please attach a photo to your question.

I was involved in collection and identification of invertebrates for the United States Geological Survey, Biological Resources Division for six years. Also, I provided these same services intermittently for the UC Davis John Muir Institute of the Environment for many years. I have been a member of AllExperts.com since 2009.

Department of the Interior: United States Geological Survey, Davis Field Station; University of California, Davis Aggie Alumni Association; UC Davis Center for Neuroscience; U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs

I have two B.A.'s from the University of California, Davis and two Associate's degrees from Sacramento City College.

Special Thanks for Achieving Results award from the Department of the Interior