Entomology (Study of Bugs)/found these in a hide a bed couch what are they

Hi, we found a very small worm looking bug in a hide a bed couch they looked similar to the white pantry worm but the only place we found them was this couch.  I tried to attach a picture of the white pantry worm but I'm not very good at that and couldn't get the picture to paste. (sorry)

Can you please tell me what these are and how to get rid of them?  

thank you

Hello Terrie,

Thanks for the question. To attach a photo for an identification, please respond to this message. On the bottom of your response there will be an option to attach a photo. Attach the photo there and I will happily do the identification!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger

I can answer questions about invertebrates native to California, including insects commonly found in homes. If you have an identification request, please attach a photo to your question.

I was involved in collection and identification of invertebrates for the United States Geological Survey, Biological Resources Division for six years. Also, I provided these same services intermittently for the UC Davis John Muir Institute of the Environment for many years. I have been a member of since 2009.

Department of the Interior: United States Geological Survey, Davis Field Station; University of California, Davis Aggie Alumni Association; UC Davis Center for Neuroscience; U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs

I have two B.A.'s from the University of California, Davis and two Associate's degrees from Sacramento City College.

Special Thanks for Achieving Results award from the Department of the Interior