Entomology (Study of Bugs)/great black wasp

Question
bug
bug  
I saw this bug dragging a spider. I did some quick searching and think its agreat black wasp. However, what I found says they are in the continental United States except for the NW. I live in Seattle.... it may be hard from this pic, but can you identify this bug? It did drop the spider and fly off. Then ut came back looking for it and found it.

Answer
Trevor,

I can't see this clearly enough to id however there are many species of wasps that hunt spiders as prey. In fact a common name for one particular species of a large wasp is "tarantula hawk". There are species of spider-hunting wasps in the PNW.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis