Entomology (Study of Bugs)/insect?

If you can visualize what Iam saying it would be helpful, so I will do my best. I noticed this brown grassy stuff sticking out of the tracking where my screen slides up and down. I lifted the screen to get the grassy substance out and low and behold out drops a bunch of those brown egg like pods or something about the size of a good size rice. I assume some type of insect is doing this. I did spray some insect spray but wonder what it can be. Hopefully this pic will show a good example of one of these

Well, I am not sure what the object is in your picture, but I can tell you what is packing your window tracks with grass....

That would be a grass-carrier wasp in the genus Isodontia .  Grass-carriers are solitary, only one female per nest.  Here's a couple of blog posts I did on this since I am often asked about the window tracks phenomenon:

http://bugeric.blogspot.com/2011/02/wasp-wednesday-audition-video.html (video about the wasps)

I hope you will reconsider "spraying first and asking questions later."  Very few insects are genuine pests, and we need to learn how to live with the occasional nuisance.  Thanks.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.