Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Mystery Bug

Question
Bug
Bug  
QUESTION: We found the attached bug in our bathtub this evening alive.  We have found several of the alive near our back door to our porch as well.  They look similar to silverfish but not the same color...  Any idea?

ANSWER: Hi Bethany
This is the larva of a beetle but without seeing more detail I cannot tell you what kind. It may be a Rove Beetle. How big is it?

Updated bug
Updated bug  
QUESTION: I am sending a better picture for you.  The bug is at the bottom of a cup in water in this picture.  It's just not as close up.  It is about an inch in length.  Hope this helps.  :)  Thanks so much for your time and what you do!

Answer
I still belief this is a beetle but  I am going to refer you to a couple of other experts. Got to the allexperts website and look up Eric Eaton or Ed Saugsted  under entomology and see what they think. Let me know Meanwhile I am going to consult a colleague of mine

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz