Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unknown Bug

Question
Unknown Bug
Unknown Bug  
Hi Mr. Saugstad,
I found this bug crawling on my couch. I couldn't find a good representative of it in any ontario field guide that was online. I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Any insights that you would have as to what it is would be greatly appreciated....especially in terms of whether or not it might bite humans.
Thanks

Answer
Dear Gary - This is a female oak timberworm, Arrhenodes minutus (Coleoptera: Brentidae). It poses a danger only to oak and other hardwood trees that already are dead or dying; see http://tinyurl.com/mg57nkd for detailed information on its life history.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad