Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Acanalonia conica or A. servillei ? or other?

Question
Acanalonia sp pic 1
Acanalonia sp pic 1  

Acanalonia sp pic 2
Acanalonia sp pic 2  
Hello again Eric,

* Photos taken 19aug2014 ~ 10:00PM
* DuPage County, IL

I believe I have the genus correct.  Hoping for help identifying to species. What are the diagnostics please? (pointy nose?)

Best regards, TB

ps: Great job on the FG to Insects of NA. I use it and recommend it everywhere I go!

Answer
Tadas:

I am not an expert on this particular group; and I would refer you to Bugguide.net given your advanced knowledge.  AllExperts.com is where I answer questions from the general, petrified public who have very limited knowledge.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/15671
Here's the page for the one species....

http://bugguide.net/node/view/57439
Here's the page for the other

I have to let you have *some* fun on your own :-)

Seriously, you are welcome to use my AllExperts services for the odd query now and then, but you are truly doing well on your own, especially considering how similar many species are to each other.

You might also consider following my "Bug Eric" blog, where I give more detail on selected species.

Keep up your own great work.  I hope we eventually meet in person, and I'll sign your copy of the field guide for you :-)

Sincerely,

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton