Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Baby black widow spider bite

I am from southern California and am well versed in what black widows look like.  I unknowingly, sat in one of my patio chairs that was occupied with a just hatched new batch of black widows. I was totally unaware as they were on the back of the chair and underneath. My son discovered them the next day on the back of the chair. After flippimg it over we found 3 more spiky egg sacs and one very fat shiny black widow moma! My 8 year old has 2 bites on him that look a bit like welts. But some of my bites are pretty big. Both my son and I are having foot pain and i am having low back and abdominal pain.  Is this a side effect of a bit?. Also, how venemous are the babies?

Hi Kathy
Immature black widows are born with venom but the amount is small. You pains indicate a medical problem that I cannot answer to. You should consult a physician and let him examine the bites. Sorry for the delay in answering your question but it appears I was having reception problems

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ