Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug bite

Question
bug
bug  

bug
bug  
I was mowing my under a pecan tree when I felt an intense sting in my back and when I got up I found the black bug dead and the one that looks like a wheel bug in the seat, I was really hoping that you could id both bugs for me and let me know if I need to worry about anything like chaggas disease, sorry to come off like a hypochondriac but it just worries me a little is it a wheel big or a kissing bug they both look similar thanks

Answer
Brian,

This looks like a wheel bug, not one of the reduviids that transmit Chagas disease. Those bugs usually bite at night and the bite is painless. I can't see enough detail in the second image but it was probably a large fly that the wheel bug had captured.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis