Entomology (Study of Bugs)/On my front garage door 2 days in a row. Invasive?

Question
QUESTION: I live in Portland, OR and found this beetle/cockroach-like creature on the front of my house 2 mornings in a row. I relocated him to the garden yesterday, but found him this AM back on the front of the house. He's very strong; I noticed this when I tried to move him. Is it invasive to the NW? Harmful to plants, pets? Etc?

ANSWER:    Hi Rachel
I cannot tell much about this bug unless you can describe it or preferably send me a photo. I doubt very much if it  is harmful or invasive however

Bug
Bug  
QUESTION: Thought I attached the photo last email, but apparently not.

Answer
Hi Rachel
This is a Pine Sawyer, a long horn beetle common in the west and northwest. The bore into pine trees to lay their eggs and can be destructive to pines in large numbers. They also aid in the decay of fallen trees. It is not harmful to people or pets.

walter

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz