Entomology (Study of Bugs)/On my front garage door 2 days in a row. Invasive?

QUESTION: I live in Portland, OR and found this beetle/cockroach-like creature on the front of my house 2 mornings in a row. I relocated him to the garden yesterday, but found him this AM back on the front of the house. He's very strong; I noticed this when I tried to move him. Is it invasive to the NW? Harmful to plants, pets? Etc?

ANSWER:    Hi Rachel
I cannot tell much about this bug unless you can describe it or preferably send me a photo. I doubt very much if it  is harmful or invasive however

QUESTION: Thought I attached the photo last email, but apparently not.

Hi Rachel
This is a Pine Sawyer, a long horn beetle common in the west and northwest. The bore into pine trees to lay their eggs and can be destructive to pines in large numbers. They also aid in the decay of fallen trees. It is not harmful to people or pets.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ