Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Identify something coming out of wall

Question
Worm shape
Worm shape  

Smaller shapes
Smaller shapes  
I have these longish brown colored things growing from a wall. Just moved into house and it was freshly painted. They just seem to come out of nowhere. Could you tell me if it might be a worm or some kind of pest?

Answer
Hi, Anabel:

Thank you for including the images with your question.

I am wondering if these are even insect-related objects, actually.  I would take samples/specimens to maybe the public health department and ask whether they are insects, fungi, mold, or something else entirely.

You really can't treat for something if you don't know what it is, so the first course of action is the one you are pursuing:  get the thing identified.

I'd be very curious what the answer is.  I can't give one without seeing the actual object, so that is why I am suggesting approaching a local authority (you did not state where you live, but county agencies in the U.S. are usually the ones to approach).

Good luck, please let me know what happens.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton