Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Mystery bug in my blueberries

I brought home a couple of little bugs today in my bag of blueberries.
It's a pick-your-own place in north eastern Massachusetts, on a hill with a Christmas tree farm, surrounded by woods.
They're small, beetle shaped, maybe 1/4 inch or smaller. Bright green with a small earthy brown spot on the back.
Six legs plus antennae.
I found a clavate tortoise beetle in my Audubon app, but the spot on my bugs is relatively smaller and round.
Sorry I didn't get a photo.
Thanks for any info.

Hi, Mary:

I think you are mistaking juvenile (immature, "baby") stink bugs for beetles.  Is this what you were seeing?

or at least something similar?  Stink bugs (family Pentatomidae) are very fond of berries and other fruits, so it is no surprise to find them abundant in situations like you describe.

Let me know if I'm right, please :-)

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.