Entomology (Study of Bugs)/what is this type of but

Question
insect
insect  
I have noticed that my column in the front of my house has a a bunch of spots on it that  looks like a lot of mud splatters.  I was able to see the bug they are very very tiny black insects that fly. What is this.

Answer
Dear Melissa - I cannot see enough detail in your image to be absolutely certain, but I believe that these might be tiny wasps emerging from moth eggs - see http://tinyurl.com/kpxr6xs for an example. Some parasitic wasps (such as those in the families Mymaridae and Trichogrammatidae) are so small that they can complete their development inside a single egg of another insect. Parasitized eggs usually turn black.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad