Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unknown Insects on Glue Traps

Any idea what these are, finding tons of them on the glue traps we set out to catch recluses.

Adonis (seriously?),

Thanks for including the image with your question.  Those would be "springtails" in the order (or class) Collembola.  Most scientists now consider springtails to be "non-insect hexapods."

Springtails are moisture-dependent, so wherever you are trapping them, that room likely has humidity or moisture issues.  Springtails feed mostly on decaying organic matter, but probably graze on mold and mildew spores as well.  The best (only?) way to control them is by thoroughly drying the area where you find them.  Consider a de-humidifier, for example.

Springtails are *not* a threat to the health of people or pets, or to property, as far as I know.

Oh, and not all species of springtails....spring.  Some lack the jumping organ.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.