Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bed bugs?

Question
Bites
Bites  

Small bed bug?
Small bed bug?  
I asked for identification of an insect and you were able to identify it very quickly. Thank you for your help with that, the thing is I was bitten recently (image 1) and thought it was the bug you identified as the spider beetle but upon further reading the spider beetle does not bite. I am assuming bed bugs though there are no physical signs on the bed, mattress or surrounding area but being as I am in NYC and they are such apparently great hiders I can't rule them out. The second picture which I'm sure is small and unfocused unless you can zoom in is a very small insect I found that I think may be a bed bug it has the shape but so small can't tell, if you are able (which with pic quality you probably won't be) could you see if I'm correct. This is the only thing I have found besides the spider beetle. Thank you in advance for your help.

Answer
Liana,

The image labelled "bites" could be bed bug bites but there are many other things that cause similar looking lesions, including allergies so it is hard to be certain. In the absence of direct evidence (finding the bed bugs themselves) it might be best to explore all the options. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/unknown_bug_bites.html for a list of bugs that bite plus some things that can be mistaken for bug bites. The other image is too small to id but I think it is too small to be a bed bug. How (where) did you capture this specimen?

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis