Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bugs in house

Question
Home bug
Home bug  
We just moved into a newly built house that has a soybean field behind it. There have been lots of little bugs flying around the house. They aren't near food, they are more in our living room and bathrooms. Do you know what they could be? Could they be from the soybean field?

Answer
Dear Tom - I must admit to being a bit puzzled by this one, as the image appears none too clear to me. Am I looking at the top or bottom of the critter? It looks more like a small fly, such as a vinegar/pomace fly (often erroneously called fruit flies) than anything else, in which case I would expect them to be fore abundant in the kitchen or other sites associated with food preparation. It certainly does not look like any alfalfa insect that I am familiar with. I realize that because of their small size that getting large, sharp images is difficult, but if you could try some more, it might be helpful. If the insects won't stay still, try putting some in the refrigerator for a while before photographing them.
Sincerely,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad