Entomology (Study of Bugs)/caterpillars

Question
Hello,
We have lived in Phoenix Arizona for the past ten years.  This year we have had a lot of caterpillars in out pool. I feel bad because they are dying.  Is there something we can do? This morning we pull over 75 yellow caterpillars with horns out of out pool:(   
Thanks,
Gail

Answer
Hi Gail
It is hard to know what to say about this. Caterpillars occurring in such large numbers in a pool is very unusual.Caterpillars do not congregate.  I have no solution to the problem. Can you rescue them from the pool before they drown?
Can you send me a photo of one? Maybe if I see what kind they are I can get some ideas.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz