Entomology (Study of Bugs)/? cocoon on garage walls ?

Question
I have what looks like some sort of cocoons attached to the walls of my garage. I live in southern Florida. There are probably up to a hundred of them. they are about 1/2 inch long and a grayish/tannish color. They are flat against the wall and I've never seen anything come out of them.  Could you tell me what they might be and if I should be concerned about them?

Answer
Michelle,

Sounds like plaster bagworm, a type of clothes moth. If you post a picture I could confirm or google that term for pictures. They are a minor stored product pest and will damage natural fabrics. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/clothes_moth.html for general info about this group of moths.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis