Entomology (Study of Bugs)/? cocoon on garage walls ?

I have what looks like some sort of cocoons attached to the walls of my garage. I live in southern Florida. There are probably up to a hundred of them. they are about 1/2 inch long and a grayish/tannish color. They are flat against the wall and I've never seen anything come out of them.  Could you tell me what they might be and if I should be concerned about them?

Sounds like plaster bagworm, a type of clothes moth. If you post a picture I could confirm or google that term for pictures. They are a minor stored product pest and will damage natural fabrics. See for general info about this group of moths.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology