Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Creepies on my Ceiling

Question
Tiny Brown wormies
Tiny Brown wormies  
One day there was a good sized moth that was in my room. I found it on my ceiling next to a light brown stain which I had thought it was a leak from my neighbors upstairs. Then it continually turned dark for the next couple of days; I thought what ever it was, was oxidizing. Today as I looked up at it, it wasn't a solid stain anymore but a bunch of dark dots which I thought was weird. So I finally got a closer look and saw these dark "worries" that are virtually still till they briefly move. What are they?

Answer
Dear Ariel - The moth deposited an egg mas on your ceiling, and the eggs now are hatching. No worries, though, these are herbivores and will soon starve as there is nothing there for them to eat. This seems to be a fairly common occurrence.
Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad