Entomology (Study of Bugs)/HELP! Tiny Bathroom Bug!

bugs on wall
bugs on wall  
Hello, I hope you can help me. A little over a week ago I found tiny bugs in my master bathroom and a few in our master bedroom. They almost look like a black speck on the wall. They don't seem to move too much and they don't fly. They can crawl pretty quickly when approached. On further inspection it appears that they have a black head and a tan/gold to translucent, round back end. I'm not sure if they bite.We had a company come and they weren't sure what they were and they sprayed the house. They have been declining but I'm still finding them. Mainly in areas around the windows, bathtub and sink. We live in a wooded area and there was straw near the house.Thank you!

I'm sorry, but the images don't offer near enough detail to give me any help in making an identification.

I would take intact specimens to an entomologist at a university (Penn State would be the most likely one), natural history museum, state department of agriculture, cooperative extension service (local office is usually in the county seat), or even the public health department (vector control will have at least one staff entomologist).  He or she can then put the specimens under a microscope and offer a solid, reliable identification.

Best wishes for a successful outcome.  They certainly don't resemble cockroaches (even baby ones), or termites, so the likelihood they are of substantial consequence seems minimal.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.