Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Small Black Moth-like or slow-fly type bug

Question
QUESTION: What is this small black-winged bug usually seen on walls or Window sills inside the home ???  Slow moving ...

ANSWER: Dear Vincent - I'm sorry, but I cannot provide you with an answer unless I can see an image of your mystery critter, and I do not see anything attached to your question.
Waiting to hear back,
Saugy

QUESTION: Thanks... I determined it was a Drain fly.  It may be emanating from larvae unseen in a nearby stationary-tub drain or mudroom bathroom sink.
I am contemplating using enzymes to dissolve any residue harboring potential larvae.  One last possible source is a sump-pump room in the basement. However the drainage water is always very clear there.  I don't see where organic residue could accumulate to the extent it would provide an accommodating nursery like the other drains would.
The adult flies do smear when smashed & maintain a tiny dark triangular profile on walls & Window sills.
By the way, I'm in Southfield MI.

Answer
Dear Vincent - As long as you're certain they are drain flies (and from your description, those are the most likely suspects), you can find more control recommendations at http://tinyurl.com/ns2e7gx and http://tinyurl.com/bk5yh Additionally, your county office of he University of Michigan's Cooperative Extension Service can be of assistance when dealing with most pest problems - see http://tinyurl.com/olxpkp7 for contact information.

Good luck, and hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad