Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Same spider someone else asked about!

That original question is here:

I found it by doing an image search with a photo I'd taken of my girl, wondering what she was.  She's a pretty thing!  Observed outdoors on the wall next to my deck, staying quite still (and I left her there undisturbed), around 3:00 PM in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 9/18/2014.  Like the earlier writer, I also noticed the widow-ish shape, though she's clearly not one of those, and her size, which seems to me rather big for the body type, even for this region.  I'd say this one is about an inch, not including the legs.

Anyway, finding that Q&A answered my question, but I thought you might be interested to know that another was seen that's a match for that one!  I'm really pretty sure they're the same.

Thanks for including the image with your question, because your spider is *not* the same as the one in the earlier query....

Your spider is one of the "spotted orbweavers" in the genus Neoscona .  Here's more:

There is great variation in color and pattern within each species, so identification is best left at genus-level unless you want to collect her into alcohol and send her off to an expert.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.